Just a few of the things I like after living on my sailboat for the last 8 years;
1. Having my morning coffee, watching the sunrise while dolphins are playing around the boat in the quiet of the morning.
2. When we invite fellow cruisers over for a sundowner it only takes a couple of minutes to clean the boat (it’s a small space).
3. The boat may be small but my backyard is huge.
4. Visiting new and different places then coming home to my bed at night.
5. If the anchorage we picked last night was a little rolly, I will appreciate tonights calm anchorage that much more.
6. Living comfortably yet having a low impact on the environment by using solar panels, sailing to get to my destination, catching rainwater, and using shade and natural ventilation instead of A/C. I do have wireless internet, cell phones and Netflix, so I’m not really off the grid.
7. You can hunt for a Lobster dinner with a dive from the back of your boat.
8. How easy it is to make new friends and how helpful cruisers are.
9. Planning and making improvements to the boat systems. This one may not be for everyone but I enjoy it.
10. Arrival at a new destination after a long passage is much more rewarding than stepping off a plane. We are much more in tune with the changes in the weather, not jet lagged, and we made the trip happen.